Sunday, July 26, 2009

I miss you Smokey.

Before you read any further, you should know that this isn't my usual fun and entertaining post.


I came home from SLC yesterday. It was bad enough leaving Ryan, but I just knew it would be okay because I got to see my kitties when I got home. It was THE worst home coming ever. On the way home from the airport my mom told me that one of my kitty's (Smokey) was killed on Friday. He was hit by a car. If you don't know much about me, then you probably won't understand what I'm going through. My kitties are my babies. They are literally my children. Ryan and I got Missy and Smokey a couple weeks after we got married. We looked in the paper and found a couple of ads and went baby hunting. We found Missy and Smokey in Edmond. They were "brothers"...so we thought. They were originally Wookie and Smokey.... but....Wookie ended up being Missy. Ryan said he knew she was a SHE because she was smaller and bitchier and whinnier. Haha. We always joked and said that they traded down, because we got them from a gated community filled with million dollar homes, and they moved into the hood of M-Dub...into our three bedroom mansion. They were best friends. They played, fought, slept, and ate together. I just don't know how to move on from this. I am absolutely heart broken. I can't help but think that this is my fault. I NEVER should have left them for the summer. My parents came over every day and fed and played with them, but I just can't stop blaming myself. Ryan keeps telling me that it's not my fault and that these things just happen, but it's just not really helping. I know that animals die every day, but he was my baby. He was only 3 years old and was the most loving animal I have ever had. Missy isn't doing very good. She has been puking up all her food and she has diarrhea. I can tell she misses him and is depressed. She just clings to me. It is truly heart breaking.


RIP Smokey. I miss you so much.


Best Friends.

Missy without her Smokey. She is trying to get used to the new additions to our family.
This is Tigger. He is 4 years old and is a very sweet boy.

This is Martini. She is 10 months old and is fun and energetic like her mommy.



I rescued 2 kitties from the humane society today. I didn't want to feel like I was replacing Smokey, but it really doesn't feel like that at all. I still miss him terribly, but I feel really great that I saved 2 other lives.
So....I'm on a mission. I want every one that is thinking about getting a dog or cat to go to your local humane society and save an animal. You have NO idea how many animals need homes. One of the workers said that they had 500 animals today and they usually have around 700, so today was a slow day. Isn't that crazy??? I know we all want the $1000 doggies that piss gold or something, but these animals are just as sweet and NEED your help. So PLEASE spread the word and lets save some sweet animals.
I hope to have some more uplifting posts soon, but I am just trying to cope with my loss right now. I hope you all think about all the animals that could use a good home.
I'll remember you always Smokey.






2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry Darcy... on rescuing the animals, is it really hard to train cats to use the litter box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Darcy! I didn't know you lost Smokey. I hope you are feeling better. I know how hard it can be to lose an animal. They are more loyal than most humans. Can't wait to meet the new additions though!

    ReplyDelete