Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My new/temporary gig.

Okay....I'm just gonna say it. I have been doing something that I'm not very proud of. It's really hard to talk about, but I figure I should just openly talk about it and get it over with. I.....have been........su.......su......substitute teaching!!!!! There I said it. It's official. Everyone knows now. Hehe. Seriously though. If you are a teacher, or have EVER subbed, then you know what I'm talking about. Subbing is hard and you definitely don't get paid enough to do it. But I miss my teacher friends and I get a little bored sitting at home all the time. So I decided to sub a bit. And guess what? Kids is CRAZY. No, you read it correctly. They IS crazy. Kids have NO respect for adults, or each other for that matter. They need a reality check, and I like to give them that every so often. :) I don't know why kids are so disrespectful, but if Parker EVER talks back to a teacher, then I WILL regulate! No a lighter note, they do say the funniest things. I would be happy to share if you would like for me to. You would? Well alrighty then.


1. Kindergarten Class - Me -"Did everyone tell their parents to bring a pumpkin to class this week?" Student - "My mom is broke. Broke as a joke. Well, that's what my dad says. She ain't got NO money. So she is definitely NOT bringing a pumpkin."

2. 4th Grade - (After the counselor had talked to them about long and short term goals.)
Student - "My short term goal is to get out of this corner and move back to sitting with the class." (The child has been secluded for acting CRAAAAAZY!!) Counselor _"Well that is a great short term goal. Now how can you achieve that goal?" Student - "Yeeeeah.....that's the part I struggle with."

3. 4th Grade - Student - "Mrs.Budde, what do you want to be when you grow up?" Me - "Well....I'm a teacher. I'm already grown up." Student - "Oh, I thought you were in high school." Me - "If I were in high school, then how would I be here teaching you?" Student - "I just thought maybe you ditched a lot like my brother does."

4. High School - Me - "I don't want to hear that language again." Student - "Sorry. My mom doesn't care if I talk like that though." Me - "Do I look like you mom?" Student - "Actually you do." Me - "I got nothin for that and now I feel really old. Just watch your mouth."

No comments:

Post a Comment