Sunday, February 19, 2012

Here we go again

Hello everyone. Well, it's that time of the year again. Ryan left this morning for spring training in AZ. Waaaaaa waaaaaaaaa. (In my best Debbie Downer voice.) Every year it gets harder to watch him go, but this morning was probably the toughest departure yet for Ryan. Leaving Parker was probably the toughest thing he has ever had to do. She is quite the daddy's girl. But we will see him very soon. I have been very blessed to get to travel with him the last 2 seasons. One while pregnant....and puking....and one with a sweet 4 month old baby girl. Parker and I will be visiting spring training in a month for about 2 weeks and then we will be joining him when the season starts. Wherever that may be. I can't remember what I have posted in recent posts, but Ryan is now with the Diamondbacks. So this will be another new team and another new group of ladies for us to meet. Meeting the new girls is always fun, but a bit intimidating at the same time. I've been on both sides of it now. We were with the same team (Angels) for 10 years, so I knew pretty much everyone. Last year we were with the Blue Jays so I was the "new girl" if you will. I was so blessed to have met such an amazing group of women last season in Vegas. I will get to see a few of them this year at spring training. I can't wait!

It's always interesting...and to be quite honest it's entertaining....to just sit in the family section and just take it all in. There are the proud parents that sit and brag (as any parent would) about their baby. The new girlfriends that are sooooo excited to be there. The veteran wives that have seen enough baseball to last a lifetime. Maybe the girlfriend and wife are both there. JUST KIDDING! I told Ryan he better tell his other girlfriends the dates that I'm coming so our paths don't cross. Haha! Seriously though, spring training is always a blast and I'm really going to miss this life when it's over.

I have found myself thinking more and more about "the end". Ryan is....well.....older than he was when he started this fabulous game. I'm not of course. I'm still 18....or....let's say 21. That age is much more fun and legal. I tend to enjoy my coctail every now and then. Haha! We have been blessed beyond words. I have memories that will forever be etched in my mind. The first call up, actually EVERY call up (That excitement never goes away.), the first hit, the first home run, the walk off against the Yankees (Yeah baby!), the friends we've made, the crazies I've met (and ooh I've met a few), the places I've traveled, flying all over the country, flying all over the country with a baby, watching Ryan sign autographs and watching kids faces light up when he even looks their way. There are just so many wonderful aspects of this game, but let's not forget the heartache and struggles along the way. It has been a crazy ride, but I wouldn't change a single thing. I can honestly say that Ryan is the same quiet, sweet, shy, country boy he was when he started this game. I love him more everyday and watching him with our daughter makes my heart melt. He is the best dad and husband...well the husband part is questionable.....but he's an awesome dad. :). Not that he will ever read this, but he'll love me for that one. Hehe. I'm just trying to take it all in and really cherish each season because i know each one could always be the last. I know we crave a "normal life", but there are so many guys that would kill for the opportunities my husband has been given. I never want him to look back and have any regrets. So my advice to all of the girlfriends/fiancé/wives is to be supportive and encouraging. Because once it's over, it's over. We have the rest of our lives to live a "normal life". Just sit back and enjoy the ride. No one rides a roller coaster because it goes 2 mph on a straight track. We ride it for the speed and the sharp turns and the loops. And oooooooh what a ride it's been. I can't wait to see what this year has in store. I'll keep ya "posted". Baahaahaaaaa......

No comments:

Post a Comment