Monday, May 28, 2012

Sleepless in Reno

Hey there my blogger friends.  I have had the hardest time sleeping the past few weeks.  Ughhhhhh.  It's driving me crazy!  Okay, enough about that.  Well.....I feel like this baseball season is flying by.  Maybe it's because I'm 30 and my mom says that time goes by faster the older you get.  Or maybe it's because with the passing of every baseball season I know that it could be the last one.  I feel like my weeks are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Tuesday and Thursday just disappeared somewhere.  Except when Ryan is on the road of coarse and then the weeks are Monday, Monday, Tuesday, Tuesday, Wednesday......you get the point.  Haha!  We kind of had a reality check this last week.  One of my husband's teammates and one of my good friends (his wife) that I met this season went home.  He decided it was his time to retire from baseball.  It made us really ready to be home, but it also made "the end" even that more real.  I know that the best part of our lives has really just begun with the birth of our daughter.  There are so many new and exciting adventures that are coming our way.  We will get to travel.  Like really travel.  Like no baseball games involved travel.  We have been so blessed by this game.  I know I've said it before, but it's been a crazy ride.  Most people just can't understand, but this is our "normal".  Being apart for months at a time, being away from our friends and family, struggling to make ends meet, finally making it to the bigs leagues, going back to triple A, getting called back up, and getting send back down, me going to all my baby doctor appointments ALONE because we "scheduled" our pregnancy around baseball (HAHA!!) and....call me crazy, but I preferred he be present for the birth rather than the appointments.  It's all been our "normal" and I wouldn't change anything.  I love Ryan more that I have ever loved him and I absolutely can not wait to see what God has in store for us.  He is a BIG God and I know he has big plans for us.

I pray for peace of mind for Ryan every morning and every night.  Most people have NO IDEA how demanding this game is on these guys.  It's mentally, emotionally, and of course physically draining.  I just pray that when he decides to retire that he leaves this game with no regrets.  I can't tell you how many people have asked, "How much longer is he going to do the baseball thing?"  My answer, "As long as he wants to."  He is the ONLY person that gets to make that decision.  I'll be ready when ever he is ready and I'll be his biggest fan as long as he is behind that plate and right now I've got a ball player coming home tomorrow so I need to try to get some sleep.  Nighty night!!!




3 comments:

  1. Hey sweet girl! Again, great post! I always love reading your true and heartfelt accounts of the baseball life. Miss you and looking forward to coming back and getting to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! We can't wait for your return!!

      Delete
  2. Great post! That is what happened with Henry he just knew it was time to quit playing but coaching is no diffrent from playing for now. So I still do the baseball thing just Ina new light. He just started out so the pay is like A-ball pay and very hard on us. The one thing good it's rookie ball do no traveling and no lights at the field so he comes home for dinner, and he gets every Sunday off. But it's hard and it was his choice to change his career path. Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete